Ryan and I are joined by the number one fan of the podcast Raymond Sanchez. I wanted to get Raymond on the show to hear about his decision to go to graduate school (he is getting a Ph.D in Neuroscience at University of Washington), especially because Ryan and I almost went to grad school, but instead chose different paths. I ended up telling a story that I almost edited out of the podcast (and still feel uncomfortable publishing), and we also discussed the importance of sleep for the health of your brain, work/life balance, what motivates us to work on our creative projects (particularly writing), how we’re trying to build a community around the podcast, and I give some updates on my Graduate Unschool project.
Ask us questions you’re curious about, Join the Facebook Group, reach out to us and tell us what you think (comment, message, e-mail).
Selected Links from the Episode:
- Raymond’s Blog
- Our Homework:
- The Paleomodern Polymaths Facebook Group – if you listen to this you should join!
- The School of Life on Youtube, watch this, seriously (~4 minutes)
- Books we recommend reading
- The Great Gatsby
- The Four Hour Work Week
- The Four Hour Body, the best book on health and fitness
- What Makes Sammy Run
- The Truth
- As a Man Thinketh
- Letters from a Stoic
- The Obstacle is the Way, the best book on stoicism
- The Art of Learning
- Ready to Run, Ryan recommends this for learning how to run properly
- Books we recommend not reading
- Ryan Holiday’s E-mail Newsletter
- Ryan Holiday’s website
- Ryan Holiday on The Tim Ferriss Show
- Ryan Holiday on Rich Roll’s Podcast
- James Altucher’s writing
- Brian MacKenzie on running
- Ed Cooke on The Tim Ferriss Show
- The Loci/Memory Palace Memory Technique
- Nathan For You digital download 😉 (don’t pay for this)
If you enjoy the podcast and would like to be featured on it, or would like us to discuss a certain topic or answer specific questions, e-mail me at CharlieGriffin@email.arizona.edu with the subject line Podcast Suggestions, or comment it below. If you want us to keep your identity confidential just let us know.