I am very happy to release this episode because for the past two weeks I thought it might have been lost forever. On Episode 15, Ryan, Raymond, and I discuss: Ryan’s final thoughts before moving to Dallas, building a career around what you enjoy and giving yourself the freedom to change your work as your interests change, the toxic dehumanizing nature of professionalism, how our feelings for others change after engaging in sex, why we feel more connected emotionally to women, and why we’ve been viewing ourselves as artists recently. I also share the story of how (and why) I took a huge risk so that I could keep doing the podcast the way I wanted to do the podcast (raw, authentic and uncensored), and why I live my life by the simple heuristic; given two choices, I will take the one that leads to a better story.
I’m going to tell the truth or say nothing at all.
Selected Links From the Episode:
- Sam Hyde’s Fake TED Talk
- MDE Experimental Comedy
- Obstacle is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
- Tim Ferriss Show Episode with the Master Somellier
- The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert: Take a Whiff of That by Richard Betts
- The Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-it-All: Know Your Booze Before You Choose by Richard Betts
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Nassim Taleb on The James Altucher Show
- Really weird Dating Episode of the Tim Ferriss Experiment
- Chris Ryan’s episode with Bailey Jay
- Louis the Child, the concert we went to (I still feel special every time I hear this song)
- Ryan’s Playlist that Chaz and Chris liked
- Hype Machine
- Jenkem Mixes (where I find lots of my music)
- The Screwed and Chopped Music I listen to everyday
- My EDM Accessories Playlist (I made this since recording the episode)
- My /now page
- Ryan’s Photography
- The Paleomodern Polymaths Facebook Group. If you listen to the podcast, you SHOULD join this!